Lithotherapy is an alternative medicine according to which precious or semi-precious stones can help to cure ailments and improve the well-being of those who touch them. You can visit france-minerals.co.uk for further more information about lithotherapy. If this ancestral method has long been forgotten, it is now popular and trendy. Many people promote the benefits of stones on their blogs or on social networks!
So, can stones help us to manage our emotions or heal our ills? And, what are the supposed effects of each stone in lithotherapy?
What is lithotherapy?
First, it is important to know that lithotherapy is based on the idea that each of us is composed of a certain energy that reflects our emotional and mental state. Our energy can change over time and interact with other energy sources.
On the other hand, precious and semi-precious stones would also contain a certain source of energy. This would differ according to the shape and colour of the stone, but especially according to the minerals it contains.
According to the principles of lithotherapy, the energies of the stones could relate to and modify our own vibrations, also called chakras. It would therefore only take several minutes to touch a stone to recharge.
How to choose your lithotherapy stone?
Depending on the ailments you suffer from, the stones recommended for lithotherapy are not the same. Some would act emotionally and mentally, while others could also affect our physical problems.
Among the most famous lithotherapy stones, we find:
- Labradorite: it is a fascinating stone in its visual aspect. Its bluish, green or golden reflections vary according to the angle of view from which you look at it. It is a protective stone that would help to avoid feeling negative emotions from another person.
- Chrysoprase: this green stone of lithotherapy would promote hope and transmit a feeling of satisfaction. It would help to step back and accept change.
- Morganite: this pale pink stone is offered to people suffering from heartache. It would act against emotional disturbances and promote harmony. It would have effects comparable to pink quartz or kunzite.
- Moonstone: very popular, this white lithotherapy stone would bring softness and tolerance. Essentially female, it would be precious during hormonal changes, particularly to relieve painful periods, fight against infertility or deal more serenely with menopause.
- Turquoise: this is a stone whose colour varies from azure blue to intense green. It would have many properties: it would facilitate communication and personal relationships, would bring calm and serenity and would allow its wearer to free himself psychologically.
- Amethyst: nicknamed “stone of spirituality”, this purple quartz would dispel black thoughts and calm anger. It is recommended during bereavement or a strong negative emotion. It could also free all forms of addiction (drugs, alcohol, tobacco, etc.).
- Amber: this orange lithotherapy stone is known for its bright, almost solar colour. It would have a strong energizing power and would give strength. It would also have virtues against joint, inflammatory and allergic problems (rheumatism, arthritis, eczema, asthma…). Some mothers offer their babies amber necklaces or bracelets to relieve their dental pain.
There are many varieties of stones and all have their own virtues. To know the power of stones, some will advise you to go directly to a specialized shop and learn about the benefits of each stone before making your choice.
Others believe that the energies of stones attract us, and that, therefore, if we like a stone by its colour or shape, it is because it does us good. Relying on your intuition could therefore allow you to make a choice without really knowing the benefits of a stone.